Saturday, March 01, 2008

In Like a Lion

Praying for 50 degrees and sunshine sometime soon. Right now, 27 and sunshine. Half's not so bad, right?

*


I'm going to tag myself. The six word memoir:


What would you say if you had to summarize your life in only six words? Bookbabie got the idea from a book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Expecting: Six Word Memoirs by Famous and Obscure. It is a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were—For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.


Here are the rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

Here's mine: She always wants to go back.




I'm not playing tag. Do it if you want.


*



I've started my "real" memoir. That's why I posted the picture of me and my mom. I'm writing about how my mother's illness(es) impacted me as I grew up, and how her health has effected me as an adult.


Since I started writing, I wanted to write about myself. I thought you had to be famous or at least extra special to write a memoir, but I guess that's not the case. We'll see if I stick with it. Poetry has taught me the joy of being able to finish a draft in 45 minutes. I'm not sure I have the tenacity to write a draft that will take months to complete.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whoops, way too many typos in that comment. Anyway, I still have yet to find some cool pic of myself, but fear not, I was the cutest mop-headed kid you ever did see! Have fun writing the memoir...who knows what you'll discover.

mydisguises said...

That is beautiful picture. Really nice.

Karen J. Weyant said...

You should read I Could Tell You Stories by Patricia Hampl. It's an interesting book about memoirs.