Thursday, May 29, 2008

On the Road Update

Oh, how I miss my normal life! I'm in Erie, PA this week and I gotta say, this is a strange little city. Sorry to anyone who lives here, but people are odd!

Anyhow, there's really not much to tell, and although I've had my camera with me, I haven't taken any pictures yet. Mostly, I just stand behind the counter and sell food, or sit behind the trailer and smoke. Booorrrring.

On the upside, I've been reading John Ashbery's A Worldly Country on my breaks. It's the first poetry I've had time to read in a while, so my brain is going a little crazy with it. I haven't read a lot of Ashbery before, just the anthologized stuff, and I didn't realize how difficult it would be. I'm enjoying the thinking, though. Thinking is good.

Looking forward to being home for a little bit this coming week. I'm 6 days into 9 days straight of working 10-10 (except Tuesday, I only had to work 12-5) and ready for a break.

BTW, friends, you should give me a call when you're bored. I have lots of time to talk!

2 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

If you think Erie is strange, wait until you get to Jamestown!

Anonymous said...

you guys sellin' pickled pig's feet?