It was definitely too early for me to look for August apartments, but I wouldn't say my trip to Chicago was wasted. I found Jake's Pub, a great little bar in Lakeview (or was it East Lakeview?) with an Ohioan bartender, and I experimented a bit with CTA--took the Blue Line from Logan Square to UIC, and besides the faint smell of urine didn't have too bad of a time. I also rode a few different buses, but I don't recommend taking the Halsted bus from UIC to Broadway at 3pm...45 minutes with loud high school students is a little much. I knew I should have tried the el again, but I was tired of reading maps and knew Halsted was a straight shot.
Meanwhile, back home, the Colt was hosting Mary B's birthday party. Already, I'm missing the fun in Akron for Chicago...sigh. Luckily, Brandi was there to celebrate my visit, and we sent this blurry camera photo to Mary with birthday wishes. I never got my real camera out of my backpack...don't know why, though. I'm going to have to remember to take some good Chicagoland pics soon.
On the apartment front, no one is listing August openings yet, but I still went to look at a couple of studios in Logan Square. The first building we looked at was too small and kinda smelly, but the second building wasn't bad. There was exposed brick in one room and a tiny little back porch, plus a good sized walk-in closet. I spent most of this evening browsing Craigslist, and as much as this is against my natural, plan-as-far-ahead-as-possible tendencies, it looks like waiting until the last minute and finding something there is going to be my best bet. I might try to go look again in July, though. Oh, how I hate not knowing where I'm going to live!
Just six days until I start working for the summer, and I still haven't gotten anything accomplished. Tomorrow I'm going to be productive, I swear. Really, I do.
Poem: Plastic Shred
1 day ago
1 comment:
Sara, thought of you this morning... have you ever read "My Favorite Apocalypse" by Catie Rosemurgy? It's one of my all-time favorite poetry books and I think that you would really, really like it.
p.s. Do you have ANY idea how many times I've been the girl crying at the bar?? We've all been there ;)
Post a Comment