Monday, May 05, 2008

Some Graduates, Some Gab

Here they are folks, just a few of the newest MFAs from the NEOMFA (and a couple of their friends). They all did an excellent job reading on Friday and Saturday, but I forgot my camera those days, so you'll have to live with pics from our final Wednesday night trip to Pints after class.










Oh, and congrats to Frank, who just got a poem picked up by Hobble Creek Review! Way to go, Frank.


*

I'm obviously quite nostalgic these days, and the fact that I'm moving soon isn't helping any. I hear John Gallaher is waiting for me to leave Akron before he comes to visit. What's up with that, John? Rumor has it I'm going to miss Jason Bredle too. Don't you think, when you move away from home, that cool stuff should stop happening there? It's just not fair. At least this year I'll be on my new home turf for AWP. Maybe I'll hold a raffle for who gets to sleep on my couch.

*


I've got a bazillion portfolios to grade today, but after that, I'm forcing myself (joyfully) to focus on poetry for a little while. Until the BBQ season starts, anyhow. I have a pile of books to read, a pile of drafts to revise, and a manuscript to get in the mail. This is going to be one crazy-busy summer, between traveling for work, packing, moving, reading Kant for my first PhD class, and trying to keep up with all my Ohio people before I go...Yikes! But I like a full plate.


Hopefully more thoughtful blogging soon...but lately, I haven't had the capacity for more than rambling.




1 comment:

Frank (the Colt) said...

thanks for the shout out. I got pics of the reading but I need to clean them up. The lighting was really bad both days. Sorry all the fun stuff is happening after you leave, but I think we had a lot of cool stuff this semester.