Saturday, November 14, 2009

happy

My sister is here, last night I did my second reading since Flood Year came out and then went to Little Joe's to belatedly celebrate my birthday, today we're going to wander around the city like tourists and the weather is perfect.

Compliments from lots of folks, including the department chair and AW, after the reading. Sold a couple of copies. Felt like a rock star.

Karen wrote a little review of Flood Year that's just amazing...I kind of can't believe she's talking about my poems. Thanks so much, Karen!

2 comments:

Venus and Mars said...

Ahhh, to be a rock star. Your doing just fine. Congrats...

Jennifer Sullivan said...

I just ordered a copy. So what's your schedule like? I can have you come spend a half or whole day with me and my fabulous kids on any of the following days: December 10, 11, 15, 16, 17.

And, you will be getting paid. And, you will also receive a write-up in the local newspaper.

xo