My sister is making me read this. I'm half-way through the third book. Alternately bored by the writing and caught up in the teenage romance. But man, what a break after the dense reading I had to do over the last semester.
Oh, and then there's cable TV. I don't have it, but I'm staying with my boyfriend for a couple weeks over break and when I'm not reading about teenage vampires, I'm watching reality TV and reruns. Sigh.
Poem: Far Gone
3 days ago
4 comments:
Wow. Do I dare say it? I'm right in the middle of the first book (my students have been trying to convince me to read this book all semester. I have resisted. Until now.) Honestly, it's not as I would have thought. The writing is pretty bad, but somehow I find myself interested in the characters. I'm not sure why.
I'm about to start on the 3rd book of the series. I'm a little ashamed but it is a nice break from school reading.
Have a good winter vacation!
Karen, you're right. I have wanted to put it down 1000 times for bad writing, cliches, etc., but I *have* to know what happens.
Beatriz, I finished the third yesterday. Hope you have a great break!
I'm at exactly the same place right now... for exactly the same reason. Must know, must know!
xo,
b
Post a Comment