After many days of hanging around the folks' house, running errands with my mom, and only slipping out now and then for "me" time, I've finally hit my limit. I ran away from home.
I'm at Angel Falls in Highland Square, feeling very nostalgic (the smattering of UA professors isn't helping) and lo and behold, my friend Kristina is here. I knew I'd run into someone I'd want to see. Chances are, I'll also run into someone I don't. (No one in particular, in case you're wondering.)
So, I won't blog much today. I came here to write. That's the thing--I can sit around the kitchen table and flip through magazines while Fox News eats away at my soul in the background, but I can't write poems when there's parents, sisters, and doggies everywhere to distract me. Better to come here, where the background noise is unintelligible and the people are wrapped up in other things. Now, to the poems!
Poem: Highs and Lows
5 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment