Monday, November 13, 2006

skinny envelopes

I hate skinny envelopes. They never contain good news. For those who've been keeping up, this means I got my rejection from RHINO today. I can't say I'm terribly surprised (just a little) and a little more disappointed, but on the up side, they did write a very nice note on the slip. I guess this is the kick in the pants I've been waiting for to send out my next round of submissions. Hopefully there will be good news in the mail someday soon.

Winter Wheat was good...not as good as last year, but good. My presentation went better than I expected--I had some BGSU MFAers in the session and they were--I hate to admit this--slightly more prepared than I was. They had recently read Olds, Plath, and Lee in one of their classes, so had lots of insightful things to say about the poems I brought in as examples. It was great to talk with a group of people who are excited about the topic though. This is not what I'm used to considering I teach apathetic freshman.

So, to sum things up, I finally have something to put under "Conference Presentations" on my CV, but my "Publications" section is still quite sparse. I think I have a lot of work to do these next two semseters.

No comments: