Trying to catch up on some reading responses I've been putting off all semester...and I need a break, so here I am.
I went to Borders today. Had a $50 gift certificate and managed to spend $50.90...how good am I? I bought Louise Gluck's Wild Iris, and two books that I'm hoping will help me put a new spin on my family poems: Don't Know Much about Mythology, and Grimms' Tales for Young and Old. I'm hoping to find some stuff about sisters in the mythology book--since I have 4, I've always thought something with the fates or the muses in a sister poem would be cool--and who knows what in the Grimms' fairy tales. So much cool stuff about family, gender roles, coming of age etc. in those fairy tales...especially before they were watered down for Disney. Now I just need to find the time to read them.
But back to the more pressing work...right now I'm writing a response on Philip Levine's "What Work Is".
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment