Well, I wrapped up fall semester yesterday. Turned in my last minute projects, student grades, and held office hours from 12-2 so my students could pick up their portfolios. I am done.
This should make me very happy, as I've been anticipating it for days, no, weeks. But this is what happens when I find myself with a multitude of free-time. I become paralyzed with the possibilities. What to do first? What to put off? Where do I begin? Should I start off being practical--catch up on laundry, go to the grocery store? or should I start with the good stuff--bury my head in a book, write five new poems that have absolutely no point and no place in my thesis? I can't decide, and so I find myself piddling around doing nothing... which is very, very dangerous.
Anyone else feel like this at the end of a semester?
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
2 comments:
Hey! You can always come over and grade some International Poetry finals... ;)
Enjoy that time. Write those poems!
Hmmm...I don't think I know enough about international poetry to grade finals. Maybe I should have sat in on that class too!
Post a Comment