Monday, December 22, 2008

Envy

Well, I finally finished the Twilight Saga. And today, while I was at the mall, Borders, and Target, I saw Twilight books, posters, costume jewelry, and CDs everywhere. I admit it: I'm jealous of Stephenie Meyer.

Why am I jealous of Steaphenie Meyer? Because she's living my fantasy life. The one where I write romance and get rich.

Being a poet is cool. And so is being a grad student. But being Stephenie Meyer would be way better.

Maybe I should put aside this frustrating poetry ms and revisit my old novel ideas. Hmmm...

7 comments:

Jeannine said...

I'm sure you could come up with a better heroine. And hero. And writing...

Tobin F. Terry said...

I'm part-way through the first book. Yes, I agree with Jeannine.

carlajo said...

good point jeannine!

i am sooooo glad that you finished before i got home. oh the fun we'll have!

Maya Ganesan said...

Go for it! Your novel's going to be *way* better.

Brandi said...

Even more frustrating... she went from an idea that came to her in a dream to book publication in SIX MONTHS. Sigh. Wrote all four books in under a year. Seriously, man.

You and your romance novels and me and my dreams of young-adult-fiction should get together!

Sara said...

Thanks guys! And Brandi, I know! I wanted to puke when I read that on the website.

Carla, hurry up. We have much to discuss.

Maya Ganesan said...

What do you know - I got Twilight for Christmas. Absolutely IN LOVE with it. ;)