Well, I took Kelli and Oliver's advice (thanks guys!) and lowered my standards. Here are my 3 mini drafts from yesterday. I'm still a bit behind, though. Maybe I'll get 3 more today (ha!).
Oh, and I guess I should say that these are all dealing with personae from my thesis. I'm trying to figure out if the ms is really done or if I have more to say. I'm still not sure.
15a: Donny Takes a Night Class
poof
15b: Stella on the Playground
poof
15c: Lessons from a Grill Cook
poof
*
I've been trying to write a poem titled "Lessons from a Grill Cook" for years. I think I still haven't.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
2 comments:
Hi Sara --
I've been reading, but not commenting, and I have to say that I like these drafts the best. I had a prof who once told me that sometimes the good poetry does get lost in revising and re-drafting. (Speaking from someone who has not been able to keep up with the Poem a day writing!)
Thanks Karen! I've never been a believer in "first thought, best thought," but I can see how things can be over written. Now, to find the balance!
Post a Comment