Do you ever have a poem that just won't let itself be written? Maybe it just means it's not a good idea, but when CP wants 2 new poems and a revision every week, sometimes I run out of good ideas. I've been working on this particular one since February, and the first draft was basically: Good god, I'm so freaking sick of this snow and this cold weather. Then, I met/created this persona who works on a road crew and realized all that snow and cold weather could be a poem about him. So I changed the I to he and went from there. I think there are about 3 lines left from the original draft, and I am still not happy with it. Class starts in 6.5 hours. Hopefully something will come to me before then.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
4 comments:
well...the poem gods told me. I just deleted the revisions instead of saving them. Back to square one.
When I did "assignments" for CP for my thesis, and I felt overwhelmed--I would just make grocery/housewear lists in the voice of my main persona. ha! It usually worked though, for a start. And congrats on the poems! What a cool journal.
Happy 4th to you too!! And I'm sure you'll like what CP has to say. He definitely has his own style, but he was very helpful. No Mary, but then again who is :) And that journal is totally rad. I thought that I would send them some new stuff after your high praise of how fast they were. And Cyril wrote back the same night with the page proof for September. I've never experienced anything like it before!!!
That's awesome! The NEOMFA is taking over Asia! Congrats.
Post a Comment