Sunday, July 08, 2007

last call

Well, the weekend wasn't as productive as I'd hoped/planned, but I did write a 95 line rough draft. Needless to say, it won't remain 95 lines, but I was trying to get over my 1/2 to 2/3rds of a page rut by writing something much longer. Now I just have to figure out what the point of it is.

I got my syllabus/itinerary for the Bisbee workshop today and I am going to be busy for the next couple of weeks. Lots of reading (which I've been wading through) plus 3 poems due by the first day of class (Thursday). I also still need to go shopping for hiking boots and comfy hot weather clothes. Oh, and sunscreen. I probably should use it more often, but really only do on vacation. I learned my lesson when I fell asleep on a Florida beach when I was 14 and had to ride home sitting upright for 22 hours because my back was blistered. Still, I'm hoping to get some color so my tan sisters and mother will stop calling me pasty.

I just found out that my friend from Washington is going to be in town tomorrow, so I'm super excited about that. I am so glad I didn't say yes to another temp job because if I had, I wouldn't be able to hang out with him.

And that's all I've got for tonight. Have a happy Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the short poems. I never even seem to fill a page.