Sunday, March 29, 2009

Twilight


My brain stopped working at some point this afternoon, so I decided to take a break from my papers to watch Twilight. I'd heard only bad reviews, so had pretty low expectations. But...

Turns out I still have the psyche of a 16-year-old girl. I loved it. Would watch it again. Right now.

I admit, the acting was terrible. The dialogue was terrible. The casting: piss-poor. But it was just the kind of melodrama that I can't resist no matter how bad the packaging is. This is why I lost the first week of my winter break to the books. I get sucked in. And now, I'm pissed that I can't watch all four movies as quickly as I read all four books.

Aaaah, romance. I'll always be a sucker for you.

2 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

:) I've yet to watch it, but I'm not sure if I should. I've heard that it was laughably bad - but that the awfulness was the real entertainment.

Sara said...

Lol. I did laugh a couple times at things that were not supposed to be funny. But it was exactly what I needed after a long, work-filled weekend.