Friday, March 06, 2009

Man, I am awesome at procrastinating. I got home about 3 hours ago, intending to eat some lunch and then get right to work on my paper--the one that is due tonight, or earlyish tomorrow morning if I want to stretch the limits. Guess what I've done instead: ate some lunch, watched an episode of House, answered some emails, read some blogs, updated my facebook status, and now...blogging.

It's a 3-5 page paper. I should be done early enough to watch 20/20 (Okay, so you stoop pretty low when you don't have cable), but...I won't be. Because I torment myself with procrastination every time I sit down to write something. The short papers are the worst--you know you can crank it out quickly if you have to, so there's no sense of urgency until it's down to the wire. Yeah. I have a feeling I'll still be putzing around come 9:00. Come 11, I'll be a little panicky. By 2, I'll be emailing an un-proofread paper to my class for their Saturday morning perusal.

Or maybe I won't.

11:20 Update: I'm panicking. Have lots of notes but no real writing done. Silly me.

2 comments:

kristy bowen said...

You pretty much just descibed my entire grad school career..

Sara said...

I know...I think it's pretty much this way for all of us. Ugh.