Thursday, July 16, 2009

morning musings

*

I still wish I was a better photographer. Or at least knew better how to use my camera.

*

4 poems accepted for Arsenic Lobster this morning! Now comes the fun part: writing withdrawal notes. Also, they want a "less academic, more lively" bio. This is one of my greatest fears...having to stray from the form and say something interesting about myself. Perhaps one of you should write my lively bio...

*

I haven't left the farm since Monday afternoon. I made some progress on Monday and Tuesday, but yesterday, I watched TV most of the day. There are a million things I want to do while I'm here, but I also have to remind myself I'm kind of on vacation. This is the first time since, oh, I don't know, 2006 that I haven't had to work and also haven't had any real (read: professor enforced) deadlines. I have to allow myself to relax and decompress a bit. I'll be here two weeks--I don't have to get everything done in the first three days.

*

I was going to try to quit drinking coffee while I was here, but that's not working. Also, made a rule back in May that I wasn't allowed to drink alone anymore, mainly because I always buy a bottle of wine and then don't finish it, thus wasting money, but I've been drinking wine on the porch every night, all by myself. So much for rules/resolutions.

*

Today is my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday, Beth!

*

I think I'm going to have taco bell for lunch. Then I'm going to go to one of the street side produce stands and have something very fresh and very healthy for dinner. Hopefully there will be zucchini involved. Maybe even an eggplant.

*

I guess that's all I've got for now. I'm sure it was terribly boring.

4 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

Happy birthday to your sister! And that photo is brilliant. :)

Marissa said...

Did you go to the Lodi Corn Festival? I was around there this week to work/grab stuff from my parents' house and avoided driving through the sure disaster but it's a good time if you get to enjoy it.

Lion Poet said...

you're kind of cool.

and here's a link that'll maybe help with your camera-stuff: http://photofocus.com/2009/07/18/control-what-your-exposure-meter-%e2%80%9csees%e2%80%9d/

Sara said...

Thanks, Maya!

Marissa, I thought about going--I was at my parents' house all day Saturday--but I never made it. Now my sisters are trying to convince me to stay in town long enough to go to the Medina County fair.

LP - thanks for the link...and the kind-of compliment. :)