You won't get that if you're not obsessed with Adam Sandler like I am...
And I thought I was the only NEOMFAer with a blog...Hi Jessica! and Amy!
Have I told you guys I love teaching? I do. Met my class for the first time today, and I'm so excited I don't want to wait 24 hours for day 2. Sadly, I haven't invented a time machine yet, so I'll just have to wait.
Two of my students want to be writers when they grow up.
One of my students is preggers and due in March. Not sure how that's going to work. I hope she doesn't end up dropping.
I told them I don't teach grammar, and one student raised his hand and asked, "well, then how are you going to grade our papers?"
On to being a student...
I am afraid of my lit class. Not because it will be difficult, but because it is more feminist theory than I expected...and for some reason, I have a problem with feminism. I mean, yeah, it's great that I can vote and own property and be anything I want to be, and I appreciate all the hard work that women of previous generations put in so that I can have those rights, but as a literary theory, I think it is...weird. Maybe I just don't understand. Maybe I will by the end of the semester.
I have to read Gertrude Stein tonight. Somehow, I've made it through six years of post-secondary education without ever doing so before. We'll see how it goes.
Still thinking about PhDs. Had a nice talk with AA about it yesterday and am feeling more optimistic.
I'm officially working on my thesis. Yikes! But I'm trying to have fun with it instead of stressing myself out. We'll see how that goes.
That's all for today. Lot's of homework to do.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment