- This tiny bit of poetic success I'm having is addictive...and very motivating. Suddenly, it is so much easier to put things in the mail. I just wish there was more time!
- I've got two new poems in the works. Neither of them are about my family. Not sure what to do with that in regards to my thesis. I'm thinking sections, but we'll see.
- In the last two weeks, I've been introduced (reintroduced?) to Gertrude Stein, H.D., and Marianne Moore. I am finding I'm not a huge fan of imagists/modernists, but I'm trying to find the merit, because obviously hundreds of very smart people think they were great poets. But, I'm excited because soon we will be talking about Plath and Sexton, and they make me happy (in a very sad sort of way).
- I have a couple of hecklers in my comp class. They sit in the back row, whisper, and giggle. I am pretty sure they are whispering and giggling about me. I'm trying to pretend I don't notice until I figure out a way to shame them into behaving that doesn't make me look like an insecure fool.
- I am having a corn dog and leftover rice for dinner (time to go grocery shopping!)
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
1 comment:
You simply assign each student a different grammar lesson to teach the rest of the class for 5-10 minutes each session. You give them the split infinitive and gerunds, and make sure they know they are going first.
Why you didn't think to ask a high school teacher to let you know how to shame students sooner is beyond me.
Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!
Post a Comment