Friday, July 13, 2007

I lied.

You know I can't stay away.

Today, someone popped my thesis bubble. The one where I'm writing about this guy named Donny who works for ODOT.

Today, someone said, "Why are you trying to write persona poems? Couldn't you just tell these stories in your own voice?"

Today, I thought my brain was going to explode.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see about fixing this Donny issue.

***

The Pre-Bisbee workshop is pretty awesome though, regardless of the existential problems it's creating in my life. Yesterday, though, was a rough day. I started class at 10 a.m. and was still in class almost 12 hours later (a different class, of course). By the end of the day, I was twitching and slap-happy and exhausted. Didn't get to bed until around 2 and started again at 10. I'm so glad I have the weekend to recuperate. And just a few more days before I go west.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

Hey, didn't some girl just win the Pulitzer writing persona poems in a male voice? So, you know, do what you want...do what you're inspired to do. Don't just leave character development to the fiction writers...