Well, I just got home from Day 1 of my life as a part-timer. I have a really interesting, diverse bunch of students this semester, and they seem to be eager to engage in conversation and *gasp* several of them said they love to read and write. We'll see how long that lasts!
I'm so, so glad to be back into a semester...break was sucking the life out of me. Lots of work to do this week because last week I was a couch potato. But that's all right.
I think I'm going to be looking for a part time job in the next couple weeks. I checked out Sylvan Learning Center tutor positions, but it looks like they require a teaching certificate. Next up, Kaplan. I'd prefer to do something that isn't totally unrelated to my degree. Maybe Borders will be the next place I turn in an application. Or the library. My schedule is kind of perfect for a part-time job, since most days I'm finished teaching in the early afternoon. I've gotten so spoiled as a grad student, so I need to start easing myself back into full-time work. (although I don't know why teaching 3 classes is considered part-time, since that's about what most profs teach...but we don't need to get into that whole debate, do we?)
Poem: Far Gone
3 days ago
1 comment:
Because universities are cheap? Although I guess education funding is just as big a culprit.
Post a Comment