I'm exhausted!
*
I need to write a poem for tomorrow. Or commit to a draft I've already written. (Taking Mary's workshop this semester--part timers get a free course.)
*
I'm recording American Idol right now so I can fast-forward through the bad-but-not-funny auditions and the stupid interviews. Sooo looking forward to reading Collin's recaps.
*
If my measurements are correct, I walk appox. 1.5 miles between my classes. Not so much, until you factor in the frigging 20 degree weather and pointy little snowflakes jabbing me in the eyeballs. And the un-ergonomically correct bag I carry my shit around in. I'm going to have to buy a backpack b/c I am not gonna be seen on campus with a wheely bag. (No offense to those who do use wheely bags. I'm just not ready to accept that part of my fate yet.)
*
Strangest thing about being a graduate: Professors morphing into colleagues. No one wants me to call them Dr. anymore. So it's "hey you" for anyone who ever had me as an undergrad.
2nd strangest thing: being kicked out of the grad office. who woulda thought I'd be sad about not hanging out in the bull pen? My new office has a door. Hopefully my new key opens it.
*
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
1 comment:
I embrace my new wheeled bag. It is pink. After last year's bout of back problems (that kept me from dancing at AWP, I might add) that was totally due to lugging around books all over the place, I have made the switch.
And let us know how you like teaching this semester...
Post a Comment