Still bummed about Heath Ledger. Kind of sickened by the media circus (which I am, in a way, feeding), which surprises me because I'm usually all about random celebrity stalking. Maybe it's because Ledger wasn't usually in the tabloids much, so this seems unusual.
*
AWP is 7 days away. I'm not ready. It seems too soon. I'm not even adjusted to the semester yet.
*
I'm having to be more of a disciplinarian in my classes this semester than I have in the past. Strange to hear myself yelling (to be heard over all the errant talking, not because I'm mad).
*
Borrowed this (Eric W. says it's the best book he's read in ages) and this today. Yesterday, I read this. Hopefully I'll have time to post something literary soon.
*
I've been a bad, bad associate editor. I didn't tell you we got issue 1 back from the printers. Then again, most of you read Mary's blog, too, so you already knew.
I bet you want a copy real bad. I think you should pick it up next Thursday morning when I'm working the table. Don't wait around for Mary to show up in the afternoon.
*
That's all. Time for bed.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
2 comments:
I have to agree with Eric W. The Road was so fantastic. Sparse, beautiful. I'm reading it with my 2 Lit. classes this semester. I'm sure they'll hate it, but I don't care. I love it!
I was once wild about McCarthy. Check out "Blood Meridian."
Congrats, Sara, on Frigg--and Barn Owl!
Post a Comment