Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day Off

I had big plans for today...including doing laundry, scrubbing my bathroom, and watching that Netflix movie that's been sitting here for 3 weeks (if I can find it)...but here it is, 4pm, and I've gotten as far as carrying a basket of laundry downstairs, finding out that all the machines are in use, and giving up.

But I don't feel guilty about that. I've been working my ass off this semester--well, working my ass off ever since I stopped crying about living in the big bad city and missing my boyfriend and my MFA peeps and my family. Today is the first day since I've been here that I have zero deadlines stressing me out. Sure, I have to go back to work tomorrow, but I am caught up enough to relax for one day. So, instead of doing chores like I should be, I've watched a little internet TV (last weeks Supernatural (BTW, who knew this guy was so freaking ripped?)) and chatted on facebook with a guy I've know since 4th grade who also happens to live in Chi-town.

Mark this as another reason academia is better than corporate life--when you finish a big project, you get to take the next day off.

No comments: