Sunday, March 15, 2009

and another thing...

I downloaded a bunch of music last night, including some stuff by Tom Waits. I was thinking since many of the poets I love claim to love Tom Waits, that I might love Tom Waits.

I'm sorry, Brandi, but I promptly deleted all the Tom Waits songs I downloaded. He just ain't my thing.

3 comments:

Adam Deutsch said...

What record did you download from? He's changed over the years--you might dig and early album way more than a later one.

Brandi said...

Yes! Early stuff is good, and my favorite song is "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis"... start there!

Farkas' favorite is "Chocolate Jesus"...

Also "Blue Valentines"... we will convert you yet!

Anonymous said...

If you want a great performance by Tom Waits, check out the CD where he plays 4 songs at a function for the Dalai Lama. It's THE BEST LIVE TW you'll find.