Why didn't anyone tell me I was being a moron? Cadaver Dogs was not available through the library because it just came out. Why did I think it had been out for a while?
*
I found a spider on me while I was on the el today. Ever since, I've been having that creepy-itchy feeling like I'm covered in bugs. Ew.
*
What if I stopped blogging? Would I miss it? Maybe I'd write more letters. Maybe I'd write more poems.
I'm not going to stop blogging, but this is something I think about from time to time.
*
Plowing through my reading list. Love Denise Levertov even more than I thought. Love Charles Wright less. Feeling somewhat "eh" about Karen Whalley. Having trouble spending time with my library books. They're just so heavy and unbendy. Mary Oliver and Mary Kinzie are both pissing me off a little bit. (In related news, why do how-to-write-fiction books seem so much less preachy and finger pointing than how-to-write-poetry books?)
*
Since moving happens in less than a month, I'm trying to eat all my frozen and canned food instead of going grocery shopping. I may be a bit of an apocalyps shopper, bc I definitely have a lot of non-perishable food around. But June is really not the time to be eating non-perishable food. I want watermelon and zucchini and sweet corn (fresh, not canned!) and plums and artichokes... You get my drift. Canned pineapple and frozen brussel sprouts will have to do. I'm being practical.
*
I get to see my momma and my pops and my seesters in less than two weeks!! I wanna go now! (Don't tell, but I'm looking forward to driving with the windows down and the radio up almost as much as I am looking forward to seeing my peeps.) I'm going home for one of my nephew's graduation parties. I just looked at the graduation announcement which reminded me I graduated 10 years ago. How and when did I get this old?
*
I've spent the last 2 hours (minus the time I just spent here) trying to decide what I was going to try to accomplish tonight. Talk about Epic Fail.
Poem: Highs and Lows
5 hours ago
3 comments:
That sounds like a great project, eating through your freezer and cupboard. I need to schedule that in every year or so. Don't even want to know how old some of these cans are...
Hey Kristina!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hordes food--although, since I move so frequently, I don't usually have anything more than a year or so old. Who knows what I'd do if I stayed put for a while.
Yo, don't stop blogging! I came across your blog while looking at NEOMFA stuff (I just finished my first summer class), and I absolutely love reading your blog!
Post a Comment