For once, I didn't procrastinate on something until it was too late. I'm so proud of myself. I now have 19 poems being considered by 8 journals/contests (well, I will after I go to the post office on Tuesday, anyhow). An odd number, but it works for me. I'm feeling very accomplished this evening.
I'm crossing my fingers for quick responses. Good or bad, I hate waiting six months.
Hopefully in a month or two, I'll have enough new poems for another round.
I wonder, when is it time to retire a poem? If five or six editors don't like it, does that mean it's not great...or do you just keep tossing them back out?
I'm tired. Good night.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
3 comments:
Three poems I just had accepted by RE:AL had been making the rounds for more than a year---that's at least 30 rejections. I wish I were exaggerating, but I'm not.
It really is about finding a place for your poems and having confidence in the poems themselves.
A few weeks earlier, two otherm ore than a year old poems, were accepted. It just takes time.
Aaah, I feel like such a rookie. I guess I better keep on plugging.
Thanks Justin!
Never retire (unless you get really, really sick of them).
I've had poems circulating for six years, then all of a sudden two journals want the same old poem. What's old is new, I guess...
Post a Comment