I love spring rain. It feels clean, and fresh, and rejuvinating, and it washes away the last of the snow drifts. What could be better?
It has been a week and a half since AWP and I am finally caught up! My apartment is semi-clean, my bills paid (only one of them late!), my grading is done, my mid-term paper complete. There is nothing big due again until the end of April (and if I'm smart, I'll start the research now). Last night, I sat on the couch and watched Grey's re-runs and American Idol because my brain just needed to not do anything. Today, I'm hoping to make some headway on my thesis and/or get some submission packets put together.
I try so hard to keep poetry a priority, but if it isn't for a class, I tend to brush it under the rug. I need to start using my thesis hours a little more wisely.
I have been obsessing (more than normal) over my future for the last couple weeks. Now that I have less than a year of this program left, and I'm reading blogs like this one about PhD news, I am approaching panic. Every time someone asks me if I'm planning to apply to PhD programs next year, my voice get's this nasaly-whine to it as I say, "I don't know...maybe." I won't go through my pro-con list since it's the same as it always was, and I've posted about it at least three times before. What's frustrating is that after this much time thinking about it, you'd think I would have a little bit more of an idea of what I wanted.
Well, at any rate, I still have several months to decide, so I guess I'm just going to continue panicking.
Poem: Far Gone
3 days ago
1 comment:
C'mon. You know you want to.
All the cool kids are doin' it.
You won't get invited to any of the cool parties unless you have your Ph. D.
Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!
Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!
Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!
Post a Comment