Wednesday, March 28, 2007

late night list

  • I want a new hobby. Something creative but having nothing to do with words. For some reason, I am thinking about teaching myself to play the flute. I used to have the most rudimentary skills back in the day, and I think I could pick it back up with relative ease. But maybe I'm deluding myself. How much do flutes cost, anyway?
  • Option B for the new hobby: painting. I already have some paint and canvas, but no brushes.
  • Option C: Photography. But that would require a better camera. Why do hobbies have to cost money?
  • It is time to expand my musical tastes from top 40 and indie girl groups. Any suggestions? I'm thinking more along the classical or bluesy lines. Something with instrumental artistry and no lyrics. Or Opera?
  • I want to shut off my cable but I get twitchy just thinking about missing an episode of Grey's. I don't have bunny ears.
  • I have been telling myself to go to the park for three or four days now. One day, I will listen to myself. What else is there to do for exercise when you are unathletic and uncoordinated?
  • I still haven't been out to the farm. I'm going to send Karla an email right now.

1 comment:

Justin Evans said...

I disagree with photography needing a better camera. Cheap cameras are ideal for some shots---especially with architecture. Hell, disposable cameras can make some of the best pictures out there.

If you have a cheap instamatic or anything digital that is better than a phone camera, you can still go out an 'find' the pictures. It's the photgrapher, not the camera for a lot of it.

Just start taking pictures of things you like, start looking. You can do it.