Remember that plan I had? The one where I submit to five journals a week? How on earth am I supposed to make up my mind about them? Did I tell you I'm indecisive? I am.
Tonight, Mary is reading at Mona's Open Mic. I think it's going to be a great turn out. I haven't decided what I'm going to read for the open mic, though. Lots of new stuff in semi-finished drafts, but I'm not sure I'm ready to read them yet. And I don't want to read the same ones I read last month...although the turn out was a little slim last time, so only a handful of people will hear the repeats. I still have a few hours to decide. Heck, maybe that's enough time for another round of revisions.
Some friends of mine (Jessica, for example) are turning in/have turned in their thesis manuscripts for May graduation. I'm a little jealous that I'm not part of the first class, but I am SOOOOO glad that I don't have to pretend I'm ready for the real world just yet. I'm nervous because my thesis doesn't seem to be getting any longer. It seems like every time I write a new poem, I also decide I don't like an old one. I'm going to have to figure out what to do about that pretty soon. In the meantime, I'm trying to crank as many new ones as I can. They're different. Not about my family. Not as autobiographical, although still based on personal experience. Maybe a little darker. I wonder what CP is going to think of them.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment