Friday, November 30, 2007

yay!

Ever since I started submitting my poems, I've become obsessed with the mailbox. It kind of reminds me of when I was in high school and had church camp pen-pals all over the place. So imagine my disappointment when nothing but bills and flyers have been in my mailbox for at least a week.

Then I check my email...

Harpur Palate just picked up a poem. Yay!

This is my first print journal/journal affiliated with a University pub (outside of journals somehow connected to the NEOMFA), so it feels different. It means that sooner or later, there will be a little book in my mailbox, and my name will be inside it.

12 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Congrats, Sara! Great News.

Jeannine said...

Yay, Sara! Good magazine!

Josh said...

Hey, congrats.

I was a poetry editor for Harpur Palate, and now I'm associate editor, which basically means they still let me browse the slush pile occasionally. I recognized your name from your blog (which I found a few months ago when I started collecting poetry blogs), and passed the submission along. I really liked your stuff. I didn't know the poetry editors had accepted it!

Also, I got my MA at Kent State a few years ago, so it's nice to know we're publishing someone from that neck of the woods.

Best wishes on your PhD search!

mydisguises said...

congratulations, miss sara.

Frank (the Colt) said...

congrats :)

marybid said...

Woooohoooo!

Harpur Palate is such a fine mag! Many high fives coming your way.

PS--Which poem?

Justin Evans said...

Congratulations, Sara! That is quite a credit.

Sara said...

Thanks everyone!

Josh, a special thanks to you for passing my work on to the poetry editors! It's nice to know I have someone pulling for me all the way in New York. (and a Kent alum at that. Small world)

Jennifer Sullivan said...

That is absolutely wonderful news. I can't wait to says congrats in person, tonight. And I can't wait to find out which poem.

Amy said...

Nice rag. Nice girl. Which poem?
Congrats!

emily said...

Even though you haven't linked my blog, I will still send congratulations your way.

Brandi said...

Yay! congrats girly! On this (v. impressive!) and on your MFA... now on to bigger and better things!

xo,
b