Monday, November 19, 2007

The Queen of Procrastination

Oy vey! Do I know how to waste time or what? This is what I accomplished this weekend:

  • Commented on students' rough drafts
  • Talked my boss into rescheduling my observation again (I think)

This is what I hoped to accomplish:

  • Rough draft of Non-Fiction final project
  • Book reviews for Mary's class
  • Rough draft of personal statement
  • Class plans for the rest of the semester

Yeah, I suck at life.

But on the upside, I got to hang out with my parents all day Saturday. And I got plenty of sleep.

I work well under pressure. I don't have any deadlines this week, so there was not nearly enough pressure for me to be at my best. This week will be busy with my sister in town and Thanksgiving and trying to hang out with my non-school friends, who I routinely neglect during school. The craziness should help me accomplish something, although I'm not sure what.

I'd set a goal for myself to be ready to send out my PhD apps next weekend, but that is definitely not going to happen. Oh well.

I wish I had something cheery to post about, but at this time of the semester, my whining tends to outweigh everything else. *Sigh*

1 comment:

Jennifer Sullivan said...

Compared to your to-do-lists last September, this is nothing. And by the way, the picture you last posted of your little nephew...adorable.