I've gone and done it again. Waited and waited to get started and now I have to rush on everything.
Why, after 22 years of education and almost 9 years of college/grad school, have I not learned how to better manage my time?
Today, I'm working on a review of Wayne Miller's Only the Senses Sleep and have to finish reading Leadbelly by Tyehimba Jess. Then I have to read my friend Aaron's thesis manuscript. If I finish those things in a reasonable amount of time, I have to decide what is more important: PhD apps or my final project for Non-Fiction.
I told someone yesterday that I hadn't started my personal statement or my writing sample, and he said, "it sounds like you should go ahead and take a year off." AAAAHHH! Have I really procrastinated that long, that it might be better to just wait? No. Because the same thing would happen next year. Besides, if I stay for the 08-09 school year, it would be too easy to stay for the o9-10 school year and the opportunity it would bring (don't know if this is supposed to be public or not, so sorry for the crypticness). I have to do this now and then decide what to do next if I don't get in anywhere. Although I don't think that's going to happen. Cocky or confident? You decide.
Anyhow, in West Akron, a meagle puppy is waiting for her mid-day walk and I haven't had breakfast yet (I suppose it's lunch, now), so I must go. Toodles.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment