Mary revised the tag.
The rules: list 6 things you love and one thing you hate about the place where you live.
1) My people are here. Have always been here.
2 )Trees. Big trees with lots of leaves. And grass. When I went to Arizona I missed the trees and grass almost as much as I missed my family.
3) The Medina County fair. Sure, every place has a fair, but from what I hear, the Medina fair is one of the best. I normally hate crowds, but when I'm stuck in the midway aiming for the Gyro stand and 400 people are milling all around me, I feel like a kid again.
4) It typically only takes about a 20 minute drive to get out of or into a city. If I'm living in Akron and need a good dose of farm land, I can be there in less than half an hour, but when you're living in the country, it doesn't take all day to get to where the rest of the people are.
5) People always say they're getting the heck out of dodge as soon as they graduate, but they usually come back. Especially around holidays, you're bound to run into an old friend somewhere.
6) Watching the seasons change, the barns falling down, the houses being built...having enough history in a place that you notice every tiny change.
And the one thing I hate:
The extremes of our wonky weather. Is there anyplace else in the world where it can be 95 and really humid one month and snowing the next?
You're it! I'm not tagging anyone for this unless you want to.
*
PS - I did two applications last night, which took about 4 hours (okay, so I'm easily distracted). More of the same today.
No comments:
Post a Comment