My camera never made it out of my purse yesterday, so you'll have to live without visual aids.
There was a great crowd at the reading yesterday, including my parents, 3 of my sisters, one brother-in-law, my best friend's mom, and my nephew. They all came in after Mary started her speech, so when I stood up to read, I was basically scanning the audience to find them for the first 5 minutes. People kept popping up, like Christi, my best friend's mom, who totally distracted me mid poem. But it was so good to have them there. During the last poem I read, I saw my mother crying and almost lost it. I can remember 2 other times I saw my mother cry. Neither of them were happy cries, so this was really strange.
I was more nervous than I thought I would be, so I was convinced all anyone noticed was my shaking hands and dry mouth, but everyone said they couldn't tell. Except my dad, who kept telling me I needed to start carrying tic-tacs with me where ever I go, and I thought he was telling me I had bad breath.
Anyhow, it doesn't really feel like I'm finished because I still have that proposal due on Monday. I think it'll set in sometime next week that I have an MFA.
Today, I'm kind of depressed. And sleepy. I just woke up from a too-long nap, and I'm trying to motivate myself to start working. I think I'll clean my room and do some laundry first.
Exciting, huh?
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
7 comments:
PSST! I just posted some pics. :) Congrats again!
...And I just saw them! Congrats Sara!!!
Sara, you looked beautiful in that dress, and gave a really nice reading. I LOVE that poem "She is Wearing Blue." Congrats again. And don't worry if you have a little post-MFA let-down. It won't last long...
Sara, the reading was great. I like the new layout of the blog.
Congrats on the graduation and all the other good news!
COngratulations! You've done a fine job, and you should be proud of yourself.
Thanks everyone!
Post a Comment