The first draft is done. I think I'll be okay now. Plus, Mary gave me a nice pep talk yesterday and someone said my hair was delicious. He didn't really taste it. I promise.
Still haven't picked my poems for tomorrow. I'm trying to avoid:
- the "f" word
- references to illicit drug use
- sex
- anything that members of my family might feel is too personal for a room full of 60 strangers
There aren't many poems left.
I'm being girly today, getting a haircut, my eyebrows waxed, and going shopping for something cute to wear tomorrow.
I'm so overwhelmed lately. Emotionally, mentally. Totally saturated. I keep thinking "I just have to finish ________, then I can relax." But no. There are PhD apps looming, and when those are finished, submissions. After that, spring semester syllabi. Two courses I've never taught before. Christmas. This break is not going to be relaxing at all. Still, I'm okay with all this. I like the spinny feeling in my head.
It's 16 degrees outside. But they're forecasting high 40's/low 50's for the weekend. Gotta love Ohio.
3 comments:
i really think you should include the f-word in your reading, as in "yesterday I got my fucking eyebrows waxed!" :-0
I think my mother would have a heart attack! But maybe I'll leave one f-word poem in there for good measure.
yeah, i guess that's something to think about. my mother would just shake her head and pretend she wasn't related.
Post a Comment