Sunday, January 13, 2008

Whitey's Booze'n'Burgers


Went to Whitey's last night for a friend's 30th birthday, but spent most of the evening catching up with those three (above), some of my closest friends from high school. High School was a rough time for my friends and I--a bunch of misfits who spent too much time thinking and listening to sad music. Not much has changed. On the way home, we were singing along to the oldies station, which is something we used to do back when Mike was the only one of us with a car. The biggest difference? Back in the day, we were all on the straight and narrow--no smoking, no drinking, just good Christian kids eating french fries at Eat'n'Park after youth group meetings on Wednesday nights. Hard to believe, I know.
*
So school starts tomorrow, and I'm still not ready. Well, I'm ready enough. Got my Tylenol PM so I don't stay up until 2 in the morning like I have been over break. I'll be up before sunrise tomorrow morning and that is not a pleasant thought.
My first class starts at 9:55...which makes it seem like I won't need to be up all that early, but I am a victim of the Tracey curse: Just because I'm out of bed and walking around doesn't mean I'm awake. I need at least 2 hours to get the cobwebs out. It's a good thing I will never have an on-call sort of job, because I'd probably sleep through my pager.
*
Did you see the Barn Owl Review proof over at Mary's place? Are you as psyched as I am to have a copy all to yourself? Just a couple more weeks.

1 comment:

mydisguises said...

this is a nice picture. you guys look like you were having a great time!