Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'd Rather Be...

here:

It is so cold in Ohio today that I don't even want to go see if there is any poetry news in the mailbox.

At the same time that I'm struggling with transition, I'm aching for change. For something new & different. To stir the pot.

I've never been to NYC before, so maybe that will be enough to get things moving, but being that I am a country bumpkin, I'm not sure the big city will inspire me like the Chiricahuas did. I suppose it's a wholly different thing. The similarities: both big, immense, and overwhelming. Good for perspective.

The sky today is like old blankets. Dull and fuzzy. But not warm.

4 comments:

mydisguises said...

i want to crawl right inside that photo. it's so cold right now, even five layers isn't doing much for me.

Jennifer Sullivan said...

I wish we were walking through them right now, my friend-no water and all.

Sara said...

Jen, next time, we'll bring water. Gallons!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I done been there!