I finally made it to the lake this morning. Maybe I'm strange for deciding to do it on one of the rainiest days since I've been here, but I think this is something I inherited from my mother: a love of restless water. Plus, I'm a dark, angsty poet...walking in the rain is good for my art. : )
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
8 comments:
i love walks in the rain! i'm from southern arizona so rain is a treat for me.
do you stomp on puddles? i do. and i don't care if i look like a fool.
It's strange, Eduardo, when I was in Arizona, it rained every day! I can't imagine it without those afternoon clouds and evening thunderstorms.
And I didn't stomp in any puddles today (the whole city was a puddle) but I do, sometimes.
Hey, Sara. Maybe rain for us should be like snow to Arctic cultures. Many words because it's many distinct things. Like the misty, barely there, spritz could be "Seattle rain." Or the rain coming down in buckets with you in your car 200 yards from a door that you have to get to could be "Oh, damn! rain." The steady mantric drops that you hear on the window and roof when you feel just right with your keyboard in front of you could be called "right for writing rain." I remember the monsoon waterfall rolling down the Wick Ranch glass ceiling/wall that was surreal and like being inside a bubble in a waterfall. That was "righteous rain." Made me glad to be under a sturdy barrier in the company of friends.
Hey Rick! Great to hear from you. And to remember that awesome day in Bisbee. Hope all's well for you. : )
I love the rain, too. And I like your picture. And I'm laughing at your remark about Arizona. I've only been to Arizona once, but the whole week, it rained!
Hi, Sara!
Great to see your blog & read a little about what you are doing!
I'm sure you've been to the Art MsVEUM.
Did you have wind there last night--from Ike?
Cheers from Akorn, Nutyoho,
Bob
Hi Sara,
Not sure we had "righteous rain" in Bisbee, but it did rain one night, when we came back from Nogales, I think. It was way after midnight and Bob was driving our van carefully through every wash on the dirt road, then calling Estellean in the van behind and reporting on the water.
Hi Bob! Great to see you blogging! We didn't have much wind here, just lots & lots of rain.
Kristina, Estellean got stuck in the rain one night and Bob went a little nutty trying to figure out how to get her up that dirt road. I can totally see him calling her every ten seconds. : )
Post a Comment