Lately, I've been thinking that kittens are really cute.
Okay, I've always thought kittens were cute. But in a "aww, that's nice, now where's my dog?" kind of way.
I'm not allowed to have a dog in my apartment. Nor do I have a lifestyle that is suited to single-dog-parenting.
I kind of want a kitten.
I hate litter boxes. Even clean ones. But I'm not the cleanest person.
The last cat I had was crazy. He broke things and literally climbed the walls.
I don't think animals should sit on furniture. I don't know how to train cats to stay off the furniture.
Kittens grow up to be cats. I don't think cats are cute. Except, sometimes, they are. When they're little and slinky. But not when they're big and furry.
Does this city just turn people into cat people? Because it seems like everyone has one.
Someone, please talk some sense into me. Someone tell me why dog people shouldn't adopt kittens.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
4 comments:
Have you considered getting a fish? With modern filtering technology, cleaning up after a fish doesn't take much, and they aren't territorial, so you know they'll potty in the same place every time. Not to mention, fish are not picky with food. Wasting hours staring at water and the graceful movements of a fish can be relaxing. Plus, fish are excellent conversationalists, though it is easy to mistake the movements of their mouths as mocking you when you talk. But that is generally not the case.
I'm a dog AND a cat person and I say "A house is not a home without a kitty."
The only way to keep a cat off of the furniture is to not own furniture.
But kitties are so nice! You never have to walk them, and they purr and stuff.
I have 2 cats of my own and actually am living with 3 currently. I don't recommend more than 2. But for training, get a squirt bottle and fill it with water then you spray them when they jump on stuff they're not supposed to. Same thing with scratching. It works pretty well. And cats really are very low maintenance--I can leave them for 2 nights by themselves with enough food and water and they're fine.
Post a Comment