There are some good things about living in the city where AWP is. For one, I don't have to share a bathroom with anyone. Also, I get to drink my own coffee instead of paying $4 for starbucks (although I probably will later). The food situation is easier too, and there's no chance I'll run out of clean underwear or socks because I packed wrong.
On the down-side, I'm probably going to be dropping $20 on a cab every night because I don't do public transportation late at night by myself, and no one lives in my neighborhood. And today, I have a meeting with my advisor and a lecture to go to on campus, so I won't even really get to do the AWP thing today. I might swing by the bookfair for an hour before I go to my meeting, but I haven't decided yet. I will certainly be around tonight, though. Need to find some dinner plans.
Yesterday, I met up with one of my thesis committee members and a couple of former classmates for beer, then headed to Giordanos for pizza with a huge crowd of NEOMFAers. We spent the remainder of the evening at a little dive bar around the corner from the Hilton. Although I was hoping to do some people watching at the Hilton bar, I decided I was too tired and it would have to wait. Tonight, for sure! And yes, in case you're wondering, I skipped class. The first time I've ever skipped a UIC class, btw, so I think I earned it.
The camera never made it out of my purse yesterday. I'll try to do better today.
Poem: Far Gone
3 days ago
3 comments:
Ah, AWP... I'm here too, and I put some photos up on my blog. :) Also a poet, getting an MFA at U-MN.
Hope you made it safely home yesterday! :)
It was great seeing you at AWP.
Cheers,
Frank
Post a Comment