Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sigh

It's been a hard week. Instead of doing the more private "there's some trouble in my personal life" that makes everyone think some disaster is about to happen, I'll just tell you: I broke up with my boyfriend. No more details, though.

If you saw me running from the bookfair in tears last week, that's why. I promise, it wasn't over AWP. I'm totally bummed that I missed most of the fun on Friday and Saturday nights because I knew that sad me + free drinks would have been a very terrible combination. Like last night, at Honky Tonk Happy Hour when the guy who was trying to teach me to two step made me cry. I told him it wasn't him, but he was totally being mean about my inability to tell my left from my right.

So, I'm tired this week. Having trouble keeping up with my work and holding it all together and am in general feeling a lot of social anxiety that I haven't let myself feel in a long time. I was looking forward to a weekend of alone time--cleaning, napping, doing homework--but it turns out an old, old friend of mine is in town for the weekend, so I'm going to try to catch up with him for a minute down at Navy Pier (which I've never been to because everyone told me it was a touristy nightmare). After that, I'm turning off my phone and not leaving my apartment (except maybe to do a little laundry) until Monday morning.

Next weekend, I'm off to Ohio for a much needed weekend with family. After that, only three weeks until spring break. I think I'll make it through.

2 comments:

Anne Haines said...

Bah. I'm sorry to hear that. :( Hang in there... better days will come.

Brandi said...

Man, now I'm really mad I wasn't at HTB on Friday... I woulda told that guy a thing or two! Jerk!