Tuesday, May 05, 2009

14

I have 14 solid pages, plus 8 crappy pages for the working class paper.
I have 19 crappy pages for the Dorothea Lasky paper.

I want to finish them both tonight.

I want to be in bed by 2am.

I'm wondering how far I have to lower my standards in order to achieve those goals.

I'm aiming for a 3.0 GPA this semester. Is that bad enough to get kicked out of grad school?

And yep, I'm still trying to quit smoking. Which is to say I'm not actually a non-smoker. Because non-smokers don't pace around their apartments wondering why they quit smoking in the first place. Do they?

Don't worry. After 8 months I'm not about to go effing it up now.

I think I wrote something on this blog once about how I enjoyed writing papers. I was clearly delusional that day.

4 comments:

The Wilhelms said...

Quiting smoking is a very difficult task. Unfotunately, it took me years to actually quit. Why? Papers! I always picked it back up at the end of every term. Couldn't handle the stress. (Until my hubby found out. That didn't go well and now I haven't smoked in 4.5 years.) It's possible, it's just really hard! And I still crave them when I'm stressed-even though I find it gross now. I'm proud of you- you're doing great, keep it up! Pacing around thinking about smoking is not that bad, you've been able to resist the tempation. And it really does get easier!

Sara said...

Thanks, Sarah. :) I've replaced the cigarettes with salt and vinegar chips...I'm not really sure which one is worse for me in the long run, but you can't give up all your vices at once, right?

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Bring me a copy of your chapbook when you come out. I'll buy one! Craig and Karla will be there!

Sara said...

Dude (aka Jay), I can't wait to see you in a tux. And I can't wait to see Craig and Karla. But my chap won't be out until September, so...we'll both have to wait on that one. I'll be on a bus in 6 hours. Woo hoo!