Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh, Students...

Every semester, I grow to love teaching a little bit more. Which is good, because if I didn't love it, I wouldn't be able to deal with the not so fun stuff.

This semester, for the first time in my short (3 year) teaching career, I have had oodles of students emailing me because they are unhappy with their grades. And the weird thing is, in the past, my students' grades were consistently worse than they are this semester, but nobody ever complained.

What is up with that? It's giving me an ulcer.

2 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Oh, Students, Indeed. Yesterday I had a student who showed up in my office who has missed 15 (!) classes plus the final and wanted to know when he can make up the final.

*Sigh. I should be annoyed, but somehow I thought it was funny.

Sara said...

Oh, you've got to love those!