Sunday, December 16, 2007

Reading List + Seven

Last night, instead of working on my PhD apps, I reorganized my shelves into read and unread. Here's the unread shelves:

Some of these are partially read but not finished, or read but don't remember. At any rate, this is my new goal. At least one book per week (with the exception of the Nortons on the bottom shelf, those might take a little longer). There are 104 books on these shelves, so that means I should be all caught up by the end of 2009. Of course, new books will always be added, so it is really a never ending project, but an admirable goal, right?

*

Karen tagged me. Here are the rules. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random or weird things about yourself. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged.

  1. When I was little, I used to collect the little cardboard tags that get punched out of toy boxes and whatnot so they can be hung. I called them "collecties."
  2. I also used to collect clown figurines. I know people think clowns are creepy, but when I was a kid, I thought they were cute. I wanted to be one. Unfortunately, once everyone knew I collected clowns, that's all anyone ever bought me. At the height of my collection, I had about 60. Then I got a cat. He thought clowns were creepy. Broke most of them by jumping on the shelves and swatting them down. Now I have about 10/15 nice ones stored away in a box. I don't think I'll ever display them again.
  3. My mom used to make ruebens for lunch a lot, except she put salami on them instead of corned beef. My sister didn't like saurkraut, so hers were just salami and cheese warmed up in the microwave. She called them "roonies" and they are one of my favorite comfort foods.
  4. I used to think the word "burlesque" was pronounced "burly-que." Then people laughed at me.
  5. I am a sucker for animated Disney movies. My favorites are The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.
  6. I used to loooove playing football. Tackle football. I can't throw or catch, but I'm a damn good tackler.
  7. I say "bless you" when people burp. My dad does it too. I learned it from him.

I tag: Jennifer, Jay, Emily, Frank, Kelly, Amy, and Nin. But I'm not going to tell them unless they come here because I'm lazy.

4 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Thanks for the tag game from a blogger newbie. I tried to read the titles on your unread shelf, but couldn't catch them all...is that The Handmaid's Tale? One of my favorites!!! Also, I love Life of Pi.

Sara said...

The Handmaid's Tale is there. I was going to type out the list, but that's a whole different level of procrastination that I just couldn't commit to.

mydisguises said...

oh, the pressure. i'll try to live up to the task. just not this morning! and i like your idea about the read/unread shelves. would i have to dust first?

Sara said...

Kelly, thanks for playing along! And I only dust when I move (which is about once a year), so feel free to leave book sized tracks on the dusty shelves. It makes them look used.