Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sanitizing

My Comp 2 students created blogs today. That means it's time to make sure all my old posts are PG. Probably a good thing to do anyway.

By the way, does anyone know of some good non-writer/non-lit blogs? I'd like to give the students some examples that aren't all poetry, all the time.

8 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Jennifer Schlick from my area of the world has a blog titled A Passion for Nature where she shows pictures and talks about the natural world. I learn a lot from her! Her address is winterwoman.wordpress.com

You may want to check out her blog.

marybid said...

This is now defunct, but the archives are still there, and I can't get enough of it:

http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/

Almost makes me wish I (still) knit strange things.

Frank (the Colt) said...

I might check out the music blogs. Gorillavsbear.net
brooklynvegan.com

And Mary knit that sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is a coincidence. I generally read nothing but literary blogs but today I subscribed to this one. Something about the art just captivated me: Ami Underground

Meagan said...

My favorite artist blog: http://mattiasa.blogspot.com/

An engineering observation blog by a PhD student (not nearly as dry as it sounds): http://architectures.danlockton.co.uk/

There's always postsecret, which gives a good idea of out there things to do with a blog:
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

And not to advertise, but my blog isn't literary... it's kind of an art and design blog:
http://hadesarrow.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

I have a friend who's a tri-athelete and who blogs at sixtwothreetries.blogspot.com. Lots of links to triathalon geeks there.

Leslie said...

plus a painter friend who blogs at www.grierhorner.com/blog.html

Sara said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I took a random sampling for the new blog.