The waiting continues. There was nothing exciting in my mailbox at all. There's just one unknown left and it's the one I want the most. For Pete's sake...what's taking so long?
We're supposed to get about a foot of snow this weekend. Good thing I'm not planning to go anywhere. Just 23 hours until I can check the mailbox again.
Poem: Highs and Lows
5 hours ago
4 comments:
The waiting, the waiting, the waiting... isn't it the worst?!? I hated it, too. I hate to tell you this though, even once you make your PhDecision, you'll soon start sending out that (beautiful, I'm sure) manuscript of yours and then you'll be waiting and waiting and waiting to hear about it.
Checking the mailbox has become the highlight and lowlight of my existence, depending, of course, on its contents... seriously, ask my wife. ;)
At any rate, best of luck to you! We're all cheering for you!
There will always be waiting in this field, won't there. First the programs, then the book, then the jobs, then tenure. We never get a break! Hopefully, one day, I'll be sitting in my book lined office with my cushy 1-1 teaching load and my 3 book contract, and I'll laugh at how freaked out I used to be. Hopefully. : )
Thanks Gary!
Sara-That is the saddest picture I have seen in quite some time. The mailbox looks so lonely. With this weather, I don't see how the mail will even come today. I'm pulling for you.
Williams on the lake was an idea, definitely, but it's more costly than what we want to spend. We are supposed to go look at a place called Quailcrest Farm in Wooster tomorrow --dont worry, it's not really a farm. It has a lot of pretty gardens and things but the reception would be held in a barn--a nice barn though witha kitchen and a bar.
Post a Comment