Monday, March 10, 2008

ennui

I learned the word "ennui" when I was taking an ekphrastic workshop a couple years ago. We were writing about this painting, by Walter Richard Sickert (I thought it was Degas...oops). I don't remember what I wrote about, but it probably sucked, like most of my ekphrastic poems did.


Anyway, that's how I'm feeling today. Bored and indifferent. Should be writing lesson plans. Could be grading papers. Instead, listlessly flipping through the internet.

Can it puh-leeze stop being winter now?

I called the bbq folks today, but I'd say my chances of working for them this summer are slim. We'll see.


2 comments:

Kristina said...

Hi Sara, I'm reading again (nothing like a major snow storm, bad tv, grading procrastination) and now even signed up, so I can respond. Perhaps I'll graduate to blogging eventually. Anyways, sharing your ennui and the romantic fantasy of traveling with the bbq folks as I look out into the snowy mountains on Portage Path. Sigh! -K.

Sara said...

Oh, Kristina! I want you to start a blog! And I'm glad I'm not alone. Maybe it will melt soon...