Busy week. Exhausted Sara.
There's a lot going on in Ohio/Akron these days. Thursday, Cate Marvin and Jay Hopler (I think I spelled his name wrong, but too lazy to go check--or make links, sorry!) read at UA, and it was a great reading. Very well attended, very engaging, and the cheering and clapping from the room next door just added to the excitment. Monday, Mary, Michael Dumanis, and Zachary Schomburg will be reading. (Did I spell that wrong too?) I love reading season, especially now that I've graduated, because it reminds me what this is all about.
Today, I'll be helping Jay format his thesis, reading some manuscripts, and then having wine and girl talk with Jen and Lindsay. Again, too lazy for links, plus Lindsay doesn't have a blog. I need some good girl talk. Too many boys around sometimes.
There's something new going on in my life completely unrelated to poetry, teaching, PhD stress, etc. that is taking up a lot of energy and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Trying to be in the moment. We'll see.
I shouldn't be blogging. Yesterday I was supposed to get a bunch of work done, but then I had to take Jay out for celebratory beers and after that I went to hang out with another friend for a few hours and I got nothing done--except a giant batch of spaghetti sauce and meatballs, which I'll put in the freezer today. I love getting unexpected invitations, especially since I'm usually a hermit on weekends, but it totally effed up my plans.
But the sun is shining today, and although it's not great weather, it is above freezing with no snow in the forecast. Hallelujah!
Poem: Highs and Lows
5 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment