Saturday, April 28, 2007

About that secret

Now that everyone knows, I can explain.

I was one of six people chosen from the NEOMFA to participate in a summer workshop/fellowship at the Wick ranch in Bisbee, Arizona. Here's a link about the program. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am. I applied last year but wasn't selected, so I had to watch my friends go off to the desert without me. This year, I'll be going with two of my closest friends and 3 other people who are pretty freaking cool, too.

I've never been to the southwest. When I was in high school I wanted to go to the University of Arizona, but didn't apply for whatever reason. I've always been fascinated with that part of the country...it's sad to admit this, but it was because of a ridiculous historical romance novel about an Anasazi girl and her love affair with Kokopelli. I tried to reread this book a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how bad the writing was, but the story stuck with me all through my teenage years.

Is it wrong to start a count-down until July 21? Do you think I'll make myself crazy?

2 comments:

Jeannine said...

Congrats! That sounds tremendous.

Sara said...

Thanks Jeannine!